Monday, February 8, 2010

Tangible Tidbits 2010 #5: Easy Come...Easy Go...

I originally wanted to post here last night, but when all was said and done, I didn't have the energy for it. I was going to post a message about "Chain maille stress therapy," since I brought my tools and packages of jump rings with me to keep me occupied for a long afternoon. I was in the waiting room of the ER for 6-1/2 hours waiting for my mother, who fell on the ice, fractured her arm and dislocated her shoulder. I used my time productively, making two necklaces, two bracelets, and three pairs of earrings! Someone in the waiting room even admired my work and asked me for my business card! LOL Of course, it didn't hurt that I kept drawing attention to myself by dropping rings on the floor. It wasn't exactly optimal working conditions. And it probably wasn't my best work, as my hands were a bit shaky. Still, the work wasn't too complicated, so it kept my hands busy and my mind somewhat occupied.

Unfortunately, all of that effort went to waste when I LOST it somewhere between the waiting room and my car in the parking garage. :o I realized it when we got home and I didn't have it with my tools and purse in the back seat. I went back to the hospital and retraced my steps. Checked with Security and the Lost & Found. Nothing. All of that time and effort, wasted. At least they were only aluminum jump rings and not more valuable ones like 14K gold fill! :p Que sera, sera!

BTW, Mom has to see an orthopedic this week. Her arm is pretty purple, but she knows she's lucky it wasn't worse. :)
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment