Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tangible Tidbits 2010 #14: Busy, busy, busy!

Hey, everyone! I went to an all-day workshop yesterday taught by Linda Gettings and presented by the Bead Society of New Jersey (BSNJ). She's pretty well known in beading circles...her work is published pretty regularly in magazines. I learned how to make St. Petersburg medallions. My background is mostly in wire work, so I'm not familiar with the basic beading stitches like Peyote and St. Petersburg chain. I thought it would be good to get started with this one, since the opportunity presented itself. I still have to finish my bracelet, but you'll see it once I've finished it. Apparently, my brain doesn't work like other people's (not a big surprise to those who know me well! LOL). I made a number of "artistic" choices that Linda herself had never considered! It's nice to know that I can inspire people who have much more experience than I do. :)

Looks like we've FINALLY got the Facebook application up and running again! Many thanks to Jesús J. Ortega Weffe and Omar TheOne for posting instructions on the "My app is not working" thread at the Gift Creator forum! :D

I have three more weeks of classes at MSU, so I'll be under the gun to get my projects finished for the final critique. My cuttlebone casting piece is finished, but the rest are in various stages of "almost there." And I still have to make a container from scratch! :p

Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has a jewelry-making contest for designs featuring gemstones with a May 3 deadline. I've had this on my To Do list for a while, but I didn't realize the deadline was coming up so soon! I hope I can carve out some time to work on a piece for that. I haven't really figured out what I want to do yet... :0

We're scheduled for website updates this week. I didn't bother to change the Focal Piece of the Month in March, since it went up so late due to technical difficulties. Look for a new one by the end of the week...I hope! ;)

Have a great week!
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment