Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tangible Tidbits 2011 #1: A New Year, A New Decade, A New Leaf...

Welcome to 2011, everyone! I hope people rang in the New Year safely. :D

Well, I have to admit that I don't have much to report this week. I kind of took a lot of the week off from my Something Tangible efforts. I'd been "burning the candle at both ends" for quite a while working here and at the office, so I decided to take a mental and physical break from the business. I didn't have anything pressing to deliver, although I do have a few projects to do "as time allows." However, since I wasn't given a deadline by the clients involved, I figure they will forgive me for taking a bit of time for myself over the holidays. ;)

I did make my flight and arrival shuttle reservations for the Empowered Entrepreneurs conference I am attending at the beginning of February. I still have to look into off-site parking for that weekend near Newark Liberty International Airport. I will be leaving work at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday (February 3) and my flight is at 2:45 p.m. I may as well go straight to the airport, rather than go home to drop off the car and then take a taxi. I've been assigned a roommate, so she made the hotel reservations for us both. We're staying at the conference hotel...The Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego. I've eaten at a Hard Rock Café before in Las Vegas, but I've never stayed in one of their hotels. Should be fun! :D

On a personal note, I started my New Year's Resolution early. Having been snowbound at home on Monday -- we had a MAJOR snowstorm in New Jersey, in case you missed it on the news -- I went to the gym right after work on Tuesday, and went every day for the rest of the week! :D I basically decided to start immediately with my new work schedule, so I could develop the habit right away. There were a few days I left work later than I'd planned, and I thought about skipping the gym...but I made myself go anyway. :p

Looks like my Intermediate level Metalwork & Jewelry class starts on Tuesday, January 18. That gives me a couple more weeks before I start Tuesday night classes. At least I can now watch Hawaii 5-0 on Monday nights! LOL Still no grades posted for last semester. :\

I'm going to find something relaxing to do for my last "vacation" night. Take care and have a great week! :D
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment