Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tangible Tidbits 2011 #3: Green Day and Gang Green

Hey, all! I hope everyone in the U.S. is enjoying their three-day weekend! :D

I've had a busy couple of days! Yesterday, I went to see "All Shook Up" at the State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ. It's a musical with all music by Elvis Presley. It was very entertaining! My sister bought Mom the tickets for Christmas, and I was invited to tag along. ;) Today, Mom and I went to see "American Idiot" on Broadway, featuring the music of Green Day. The production was well done and the cast had incredible energy...the show was 90 minutes without an intermission! As for the plot -- about three friends and the disparate turns their lives take -- Mom described it as "very disturbing." My take on it was that it made "Rent" look like a fairy tale! :o I can't quite say I enjoyed this one, although I do respect the talent of the cast, set designers, and technical crew. And the music was pretty good, too. :)

After the play today, Mom and I caught the second half of the New York Jets vs. New England Patriots game at a sports bar. WHOO HOO! Jets vs. Steelers next weekend. Dare I hope the roll continues? I've literally waited my whole life to see the Jets in a Super Bowl...I was a month old when they were in Super Bowl III in 1969! :p LOL

As you can imagine, I'm grateful for the day off tomorrow...I plan to sleep late! ;)

Coming up this week, I've got my first class at MSU on Tuesday and the first meeting of the Bead Society of New Jersey for the New Year on Thursday. I've also bought some new tools and supplies recently, so I hope to play with them soon...probably not until after class ends in May. :\ I still have a pile of kits to assemble, not to mention a lot of data entry work still to complete. I kind of burned myself out in the two months I worked full-time leading up to Christmas, so I've been taking it easy lately. I did work with the bead loom I bought for my younger niece at Christmas on New Year's Day. Her mother says it's too difficult for her. I don't recall the recommended age on the package, but I think she could handle it if she tried. I'm thinking of getting a loom for myself. :)

Well, it's past my bedtime. Have a great week! :D
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment