Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tangible Tidbits 2012 #2: Better Late Than Never?

Hi, everyone! Sorry I never made it here last week, but I had a persistent headache that started mid-afternoon Thursday and continued off-and-on throughout the weekend. I'd taken Friday off from work and stayed in bed all day. I'm planning to get my eyes checked, since I haven't done it in something like three years. I can't say for sure that caused the headaches, but it could have made them worse. :\

I was on a wire-wrapped ring kick last Wednesday...I made six rings in one night, and I've already sold two of them! Whoo hoo! :) I also made a new bracelet with wire-wrapped Crazy Lace Agate and Blue Ribbon Jasper beads today. I've taken photos of everything I've made to date, but I am really behind in uploading them to my computer, editing them, and posting them to Facebook and the website. I think my "new" New Year's Resolution is not to start any new projects until I finish my UFOs (unfinished objects) and clean up around here. In finishing the pieces I've started, I am slowly cleaning up my work area. I have/had a bunch of materials piled up for those projects -- so I wouldn't have to look for them in my huge stash of materials -- and I can finally put them away as I finish each one. :p

Earlier today, I finished the large aluminum earrings I mentioned in my last post. They were probably 75 percent completed before today, so I decided to finish them up. After all, they will generate revenue! ;) I go through phases of incredible productivity, and then phases of incredible inactivity. I think I'm feeling productive because the office is closed tomorrow for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so I have an extra day this weekend. :)

As you may recall, I was going to pick up pieces in Jersey City last weekend. Mom came with me, since she used to spend a lot of time in Jersey City with Dad. She also went to school at Jersey City Medical Center and Jersey City State College, now known as New Jersey City University. Not surprisingly, we got lost both ways. :p Dad was undoubtedly looking down on us and shaking his head at me. I have a decent sense of direction, but that doesn't help me with all of the ramps, circular roads, and multiple highway intersections near Newark Liberty International Airport. Even with good directions, the signage is terrible. Anyway, I didn't sell anything, but the owner of the gallery said that it was due to the economy. The highest individual selling piece was $90, which is apparently low.

I'm exploring an opportunity that may help me get out of debt quicker and also allow me to go back to school in the fall. Don't's nothing illegal! ;) However, it will mean restructuring my schedule and my priorities. I'll keep you posted as things become more concrete. Right now, a lot is still up in the air. :\

With the doctor's blessing, I'm heading back to the gym this coming Friday for "light workouts" on my knee twice a week. We would have started on Tuesday, but I had already made appointments for medical scans I need -- strictly routine. ;) I hope I remember to take my gym clothes with me on Friday! :p

I hope those readers in the U.S. enjoy the rest of the three-day weekend, and all of you have a great week! :)

Click here to Tweet this message to your Twitter Followers!

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo


Post a Comment